Monday, February 17, 2014

Thundersnow...........


We first received freezing drizzle and then we had a thundersnow. It was sheets of snow falling that looked more like rain than snow.  The red twig dogwood looks deeper red in the winter time and as you can see I didn't get it trimmed back this fall.  The city piles up the excess snow on my corner so the foreground drift is compliments of the Woodward city crew.  If I were a perfectionists, I would go back out and retake this with the branch removed from the face of my sculpture but I am back inside and am not returning outside for a while.

6 comments:

troutbirder said...

Thundersnow. No thank you. Another snowy windy blast here again today. This is getting OLD!!!

Karen said...

We've sure had interesting weather this winter!! Congratulations on winning the set of dishes on Mildred's blog give-away. Enjoy!

Linda said...

It is best to stay in, Larry. Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful photo.

Anonymous said...

I can't blame you for not going back out. It really looks cold.

L. D. said...

I have been behind, busy, on my blogging so I didn't even know until this am that we won a prize. That will be a nice change to have new dishes.

Valerie said...

We had an hour of thundersnow... quite long enough for me. I'm sorry you're having such awful weather and don't blame you for staying inside. We have floods to content with - not me personally - and that is a disaster for many UK residents.

Bouquet