Friday, March 21, 2014

Friday's Feathered Friends.........


The wood carving of the bird really has no feathers.  I bought this a few years back and it was put into the store room over Christmas.  It got buried in among all the valuable junk and I found it yesterday.  Sitting among the plants makes it seem more tropical or nautical.


There were two of them as this second one was also lost.  Being in the center of the United States, waterbirds are few.  I like having them around to remind me of the great lakes or the ocean shoreline. It always happens that when you shoot some photos and you look at them later there are dead leaves laying around or dirt that has been spilled out of the pot onto the table.  That table needs to be refinished to match the other one identical to it that is refinished. I just noticed that this might be a tern with a turned head.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Love these, Larry!

Anonymous said...

I love these photos.

George said...

I really like both of these beautiful birds.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your violet is blooming so nicely and what great sun coming through the window! :)

claude said...

Very nice !
I have two herons, ducks, sea gulls and a swan and they are no feahter either.
Have a nice week-end, Larry !

Valerie said...

They really look at home amongst the plants.

Reflection