Sunday, March 2, 2014

Patiently Waiting.........and Then...


Waiting for the starlings to get off of his feeder.  It snowed most of the day yesterday and they all were taking turns to get to the feeder. Finally he rushed the feeder and the starlings went flying.

He is really fluffed out to keep warm.  I haven't seen him at the feeder for a long time but the smell of new sunflower seeds brought him in to eat.  A squirrel came in to chase him away a little later so I had to intervene to keep the creatures all under control.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I hope he managed to get a good meal before being interrupted by other birds, oh and squirrels.

Hilary said...

Lovely little guy. We haven't seen any cardinals at our new digs yet.. but more blue jays than I've ever seen at one time.

Linda said...

How gorgeous, Larry. Thank you so much for sharing these photos, you have brightened up my day. :)

Reflection