Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sneaky House Finch........


I had seen the house finch while in the kitchen and thought I could maybe get a photo of it.  Went into the dining room, grabbed the camera and snapped what I could see.  I previewed it on the back of the camera and thought not such a great photo.  Oh well such is the  story of trying to takebird pictures.  I glanced up and there was a cardinal on the feeder so I snapped another one.


I snapped the photo and thought that I did succeed in getting a good shot of the cardinal.  While editing the photos yesterday I was surprised to see the house finch still at the feeder.  He is so blended in with the cardinals tail and the feeder colors I had missed seeing it on the camera viewer.  I have mentioned before that the house finches usually fly around in flocks and hit feeders in flocks. This one lonely one does show that I do have one that shows up once in a while without any other finches.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I suppose the answer is to keep clicking no matter what you see in the viewfinder. I admit I didn't see the finch as my eye was drawn to the highly coloured cardinal. Glad I had a second look.

Anonymous said...

I did not notice him either! Wonderful photo.

Cranberry Morning said...

Beautiful cardinal! And right, I didn't notice the finch till you mentioned it!

Tall and Short....

 At four in the morning and one is walking the empty hallways, one never knows what the camera might shoot.