Saturday, April 26, 2014

A Perfect Site..........


I have a robin's nest on my step ladder.  It is high enough that I really can't get a photo of the eggs but I will return to see it again when it isn't so cold outside. The step ladder was in my dad's garage stored in the rafters. It's original owner could be a construction company as my late brother probably, permanently borrowed it.  I brought it home as no one in the Osceola area really wanted it.  I didn't really want it but I thought it might come to use someday.  I can't put it in the shed as it is too tall so I hung it on the supports of the outside of the garden shed. It isn't pretty but it solved the storage problem so far.  I am going to paint the south side of my house this summer so I will be using it for sure.

While out taking pictures in the cold wind this morning I saw a robin fly away from the area and when I checked it out there was the nest.  It is filled with scrap plastic from the neighborhood, leaves and sticks.  I saw one robin the  other day pulling wet leaves out of my fish pond and I am sure it is sturdy being woven through with wet leaves.  I had robins try to build under the roof before but the ledge proved to be narrow under there as a sideways board is only 2 inches wide. I think that next fell off the ledge while it was being made.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

How lovely to have a nest so close.
I was surprised to read this, I thought the temps were too cold for the eggs.

A Colorful World said...

How sweet! You should have some babies soon.

lark said...

Can't wait to see, baby robin pictures!!

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...