Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Dead Fish for Lunch.......




I succeeded in capturing some more recent shots of the Decorah Eagles and the little ones.  I grab them off of the live video feed so there is not any artistic credit for me other than the technical skills that I have. The chicks already are not looking so cute.  Fish is on the menu.  You have to look hard but there are three faces there.  The two on the right look like a glob until you focus in on them.

While catching them out in the open with mom feeding them, I also was able to see the dad land in the nest with them.  All of a sudden the two adults decided they needed to eat so they tore into the fish themselves.  I have never seen them eat at the nest before that. One of my students at school has an Uncle who owns the fishery that is near this area.  They hatch fish to distribute in many Iowa lakes each year. I hope this fish wasn't snatched from the fishery area.

While being a librarian today I thought I could pull off blogging with my newer shots.  I realized that I got distracted last night and all my new photos are sitting on a hot pink thumb drive (my wife's). It is  at home and I didn't get the visuals moved onto my photo storage area.  I hate it when I do that. I actually was baking a cake for my wife's birthday and I was being distracted with things.

4 comments:

George said...

You did a good job of pulling this image from the video feed. I can understand how you got distracted by baking a cake for your wife. I hope the cake turned out well.

Linda said...

Happy birthday to your wife, Larry, I am sure your cake turned out well and that it made her day. Sweet photo.

Valerie said...

That's a lovely picture. How clever of you to be able to acquire it. Do we get to see the birthday cake?

Anonymous said...

I hope your wife enjoyed her birthday very much. How nice to bake her a cake.

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...