Thursday, April 10, 2014

Every Bird Has a Story........


As I watched this lone female cardinal I wondered what was going on with her.  The bird sat there for a long time as if she had no where else to be.  I know there are a lot of turf wars going on around the house between the males.  I am wondering if she has no mate at this point of time.  I do believe nests are being built right now.  I guess it makes me wonder how the ones that can't find a mate, if there ever is a chance that they don't.  It seems the stray would fly around in vast areas to see if there were an available bird to make a pair.

The water bowl has proven to be a good idea as I am having many birds coming to drink and also taking baths.   I can see why I need to keep filling it as a robin came by yesterday, pictures to follow tomorrow, splashing water everywhere.  Two starlings sat and watched her waiting for her to quit splashing them in the face.  They wanted a drink.  

1 comment:

Linda said...

She is sweet, Larry. She does look lost.

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.