Saturday, April 19, 2014

Not My Dust.....


It isn't a pretty picture but my wife's friend dumped three tv sets on us this week.  She lives in a senior housing development where things are handed down, across the hall and they all find new things to cause them to get rid of things.  My wife's friend was having tv trouble with a reception box that translates digital onto an analogue tv. 

One person's mother who lived there died and immediately the son gave her the one in the foreground.  It does work, once I got it home and mess with it, but it is too big for a studio apartment.  The other set is one that only works with a cable hookup.  I don't have cable so I have never heard of a set like that before now.  It is worthless to us and also probably to everyone else who has a new modern flat screen one. The third set is a small one that we have set up in the gallery but it doesn't pick up all of the stations.  I do think that a trip to the landfill is in order. Right now they are all in my store room in which I had moved things out of and now those spaces are filled up again.

1 comment:

Cranberry Morning said...

Landfill sounds good to me. Anything I want to watch I can see on my computer monitor: YouTube, Acorn.Tv, or Netflix. We do have a big screen TV which we hook up to the computer via HDMI cable. Perfect. Besides, there's seldom anything on TV worth watching, but the big screen is nice.

Life Flight....

   Everyday and night the Life Flight helicopter is in action.  One time when I was out in the parking lot headed to my car I was able to se...