Friday, May 2, 2014

A Stern Look.........


I really have never notice before the expression coming from a blue jay's head. I guess it is related to his markings but he looks really stern. I know when they use the bird as a team mascot they deliberately give them a mean, tough looking face. This guy hangs around the neighbor's evergreen tree and collects seeds.  He stands around my water tray acting like he needs to kill time.  When I first saw him out the window, I thought I would never find the camera and return in time.  He was still there when I returned.  My wife says he really splashes the water everywhere while bathing in the drinking bowl.

6 comments:

claude said...

Yes he has a stern look but he is a very beautiful bird. I love his blue feather.

Cranberry Morning said...

The bluejay kinda has a look that says, 'Make my day!' and plans to do whatever he darn well pleases.

Unknown said...

That is a great photo, Larry. You were meant to have it, he waited for you.

Anonymous said...

Such a fantastic photo. We saw a blue jay chasing a hawk while eating lunch today!!!

Linda said...

He does look stern, Larry. You took a lovely photo here, I love it!

Valerie said...

I never noticed before but you're right, he does look stern. Made me smile when I looked at your picture.

Blurry Blue Cup Day.....

 It is Monday and I am a little blurry eyed today. It is fitting then my blue cup is blurred a little because it is in low light. I was too ...