Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Bumble Bee........


In the commercial trade this is being sold as Bumble Bee.  It is a very old strain of iris that grows wild in the Murray, Iowa cemetery.  They mow it back around this time so the area doesn't look overtaken by it. I am having a poor showing of it this year in my yard so I will take shots everyday to assure visuals of those few that I do have.  It is one of my favorites that I remember my Aunt Lois had at her house. She lived at the end of a dirt road in a very old house that had the old peonies and iris blooms.  During Memorial Days she was always bringing them to the cemeteries in glass jars.

5 comments:

Jeevan said...

Iris looks unique among flowers! You got a lovely one here... hope it blooms much better next time in your yard :)

Patsy said...

Wish I had more Iris-and a place to grow them. This one is lovely.

Kay said...

Very pretty

Valerie said...

Lovely colours... I don't think I've ever seen this one before.

Anonymous said...

Sweet memories and such a gorgeous iris.

Blurry Blue Cup Day.....

 It is Monday and I am a little blurry eyed today. It is fitting then my blue cup is blurred a little because it is in low light. I was too ...