Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Final Blooms..........


My fern leaf peony was not damaged in the hail storm other than the storm sped up the blooming process.  I had two other plantings out there that I never saw the blooms since I couldn't go outside.  I am so glad I got to take a shot of this warrior with its beautiful center.


This is the very last bud that will probably open today.  My other kind of peonies have buds on them but have not started to open up at this point.  I guess there is never the perfect season for things in the spring.  Our rains are so great to receive and the cold and snow is finally gone.

6 comments:

Linda said...

They are absolutely beautiful!

Cranberry Morning said...

Wow, isn't that a gorgeous blossom! And those thread-like stamens are so pretty. We found one similar to that under a woodpile when we first moved to this place.

Anonymous said...

Stunning photos.

Valerie said...

Peonies are beautiful... it is a long time since I saw one.

Jeevan said...

Really great survivors! Beautiful photos... Love the second one

Far Side of Fifty said...

Awesome, mine is up but not blooming yet:)

Blurry Blue Cup Day.....

 It is Monday and I am a little blurry eyed today. It is fitting then my blue cup is blurred a little because it is in low light. I was too ...