Sunday, May 18, 2014

Surprise..........


The day before they were passive.  As I held my camera up over the nest on Saturday, I was startled with this moving set of creatures stretching out of the nest.  This is my National Geographic styled photo of allowing blur to illustrate motion.  I will give you another photo below to show I can get a focused shot.  As I have explained before,  they are blind shots as I can't get above the nest.


The instinct to demand food is an unusual but a practical behavior.  The top photo shows the birds are different ages as the neck of one bird is not as developed as the one next to it.  The parents are really busy out there looking for things to put into their mouths. I doubt ever that I will get a feeding shot as it is too dark to capture when standing far away.  I do think it is humorous to see the mother robin sitting now on top of the birds and not down into the nest as the four birds fill up the nest all the way to the rim.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Wonderful, wonderful shots, Larry. Oh I would love to see babies in their early stages. Never will, I'm afraid, so thank you for sharing.

ScrappySandie said...

Well for "blind shots" these are wonderful! So much detail and color and movement! Nice job, Larry!!

Karen said...

Baby birds never cease to delight me…every spring!

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...