Thursday, June 12, 2014

A Surprise in my Garden..........

I went through my blue gate to go out into the west end of my property.  As I closed the gate I had a camera in one hand and a bucket in the other.  I turned and shut the gate behind me and there on the trellis sat a young bluejay.  He really wasn't scared of me as I put the bucket down and worked quickly to get  the camera up and running.  He sat there for a few shots then scurried away along the fence to travel on to somewhere away from me.  It was such an unusual experience and to have the camera with me was so great. 

5 comments:

Valerie said...

How lucky was that! It was your lucky day, Larry.

claude said...

For sure, a very nice surprise.
I have baby carolina wrens under my porch and soon other baby birds.

Anonymous said...

I love that you captured his photo.

Betsy Brock said...

What a sweetie! I don't think I've ever seen a young one like that!

lark said...

Aww....how perfect!

The Capitol.....

 A shot through a large window creates an unusual yet usual effect. The Iowa State Capital has new gold leaf on its dome.