Tuesday, June 17, 2014

After the Storms........


I finally trimmed back the red twig dogwood.  My wife helped me and we reduced the size of it by half.  The shrub had overgrown into our flowering area and most things there had died.  Now we have a blank garden area with no flowers.  We picked some petunias a couple of days ago and we haven't planted them yet but you can see they are peaking out of the bag reminding us to get them into the ground.  We had a bad thunderstorm last night and the ground may be too wet to plant today.  I will wait until the afternoon  to see if the area will be dry enough to be planted.  We are to get up to 92 degrees today and again have new storms  promised for tonight. 

6 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Are you in my neighborhood? Sounds like our weather. We had a huge storm last night that took the top of a wonderful old huge spruce and a not-so-wonderful huge box elder. Stay safe.

lark said...

Those are gorgeous petunias ! I like how some of the flowers have reverse colors....

claude said...

Beautiful petunias, I love the color. Storms are not good for flowers.

Valerie said...

I've never had petunias in my garden... time for a change, methinks. Hope the brewing storm doesn't cause too much havoc in your area. The weather everywhere is crazy.

Anonymous said...

Pretty petunias. Your area has had its share of stormy weather. Stay safe.

Jeevan said...

Hope the storm passes without cause much damage... Lovely capture and very colorful flowers

Reflection