Monday, June 16, 2014

Creeping and More Creeping.......


The creeping bluebell is very invasive.  I like it and I assume it is an old established plant that farmhouses and city house of the past century used as foundation plantings. They shared it with neighbors just like they shared the white hydrangea.  It wouldn't cost anything as it spreads quickly and would fill in foliage for most of the summer.  I had it at the back of the house when I bought the place.  I tried to remove it and as you can see it still grows anyway.  I started some in the front of the house, the north side, and it blooms a week or so later.  Well know writers of garden books tell its readers not to plant it.

3 comments:

lark said...

I had one stalk of this show up in my garden several years ago...I tried to nurture it....but it hasn't come back...
Will have to keep my eye out for them....so pretty!

Valerie said...

I have loads of them. They crept over some bare ground and look really attractive.

Anonymous said...

It's very pretty. A blogger saw my Mex. Petunias and warned me that they really multiply.

Tall and Short....

 At four in the morning and one is walking the empty hallways, one never knows what the camera might shoot.