Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Bud to Bloom........





This is a very hardy rose as it didn't hesitate to green up and start budding after the winter it had gone through.  It did set closer to the south side of the house so the frost line of 40 inches or more may not of been in that area.  I believe this is called a multiflora rose but don't quote me on that as I am not very educated about roses.  I do know now that I can trim it back after that last bloom an it immediately puts out new buds.  You can see that the bloom has a little damage on some of its petal which I assume was the hail storm that hit it a few weeks ago. 

2 comments:

George said...

I'm surprised (and delighted) each year at how hearty some roses can be. I'm glad this beauty made it through the winter.

Anonymous said...

A delicate and gorgeous rose.

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.