Friday, June 27, 2014

Friday's Folly.........


The first of my Asiatic lilies has bloomed.  It is nice to see them this year and there will be more to come.



The white hardy geranium showed itself a couple of days ago.  It took a hard hit with 3.4 inches of rain. It looked really beat up but today it is coming back.  The new petunias that I bought really didn't come back well so the newer blooms will have to replace the waterlogged blooms.









We created enough juice from the bush cherries to make two batches of jam. We had 7 cups of juice from the large bowl of cherries.

 I worked today finally finished the painting of the principals office with battleship gray.  I stayed longer at work today because I could see that I would be finished.  It is good to get it done.

Back to the jelly job, we made the two batches of jelly resulting in the pinging of the lids while I blog. We had to do it this afternoon after spending last evening traveling to three stores to find canning lids. Ace Hardware had them and the other two stores had tokens of things to use for jelly making. We had 5 pint jars of jelly and 6 jelly jar sizes of the sweet goodness.  We give jelly away and we didn't have enough of the smaller jars as they don't always come back to us.  The pint jars are a good size for our use at home and the smaller jars are good for sharing.

Well it is late for me to get this posted but it has been a long day.  I knew I had some pictures to share so while the chicken is being fried and the potatoes boil for me to make mashed potatoes, I am using my time efficiently. It makes me really hungry to smell the chicken cooking and that will be done soon.  Thank you for stopping in today. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a lot of rain. I love the Asiatic lily.
Glad the painting job is over; it's hard enough to paint but when it is a color you dislike, it makes the job worse!
I have a roast in the oven tonight for the weekend. Even though we ate already, it does smell good.
Received word today that our house closing will take place as planned Mon. a.m. We are so very thankful. We appreciate your prayers. You both remain in our prayers, as well.

Anonymous said...

Larry,

I think of petunias as being crepe paper, beautiful, until wet. Your capture of the petunia is outstanding.
Your capture of the Asiatic and the geranium, both stand out gorgeous.

So you give jelly away, I will have to send you my address **wink**. Hoping you guys have a great weekend and I guess you will be making ready for the upcoming 4th celebrations. Take care - gary

claude said...

Wonderful yellow lily !
Good jelly for breakfasts.
Ysterday evening I watched a recipe on the TV. Mashed potatoes with snipped chive. That looked yummy.
Have a nice week-end, Larry !

Jeevan said...

The Asiatic lily looks absolutely lovely! Great capture Larry... Seems you made taste jam and hope enjoyed the chicken :)

A Colorful World said...

Beautiful flowers! And, oh, yum! We made cherry conserve a couple of years ago and it was delicious!

Cranberry Morning said...

Bush cherries?? Wow, I need some of those! Bet that jelly is great!

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...