Saturday, June 21, 2014

Hen and Chicks..........


A new purchase from a shopping spree last week still has not been put into the ground.  Rain storms and being at work has caused that not to happen.  Of course when it is not raining it is extremely hot and I don't want to be out there.  My last years plant like this was planted late in the summer so when the weather got so cold it just was frozen and killed.  I am planting earlier in the season and I can see some of those chicks being planted in different places in the garden. I suspect that it will be planted today.

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Not heard the ice plant called hen and chicks before... but it fits.

L. D. said...

We call them that but they are from the succulent family. Our ice plants look differently which are more leaf like yet still succulents.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Neat plant..one of my friends has these and they grow and grow. I couldn't get one to live long though.

Anonymous said...

This is a beauty. I saw succulents planted in a child's shoe at the antique store last week!

Betsy Brock said...

Oh, that's beautiful! I've never had one but always admire them!

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.