Thursday, July 31, 2014

Swallowtail.........



While working in the garden yesterday I notice this butterfly flying from one coneflower to another.  I went to get the camera thinking it wouldn't be there when I returned.  I was wrong as the swallowtail stayed out there for quite a while.  I had so many photos that I didn't bother to edit some of them.  Later I was out with my wife and I told her to bring the camera.  I wanted her take a photo of a volunteer sunflower that was blooming.  While out there we went out into the coneflower area and there were two  swallowtails.  So my wife took a lot of photos too.  I was glad my wife got to see them dancing around as they were really not too concerned about the people around them.

7 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Gorgeous photo...absolutely perfect!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo. We had a black/blue/orange butterfly on our roses yesterday but I could not get a picture. I am happy to see more butterflies this year.

Kay said...

Very nice capture.

claude said...

Wonderful butterfly !
I saw one only once.

Valerie said...

A perfect picture, Larry.

Jeevan said...

Glad you both had some fun chasing butterflies in garden :) Lovely capture Larry

A Colorful World said...

How nice of the swallowtail to stay there until you could go get your camera! :-) The photo is wonderful! I don't see many butterflies, and then usually the smaller varieties, and they are gone in a flash.

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...