Saturday, August 23, 2014

Another Butterfly..........


The zinnias have become a great attraction to the butterflies as my coneflowers are going out of season.  I share the flower also because it is so great but I wanted you to see the blue markings on the bottom of this female butterfly.  In early summer the only butterflies that were out in the garden were plain yellow ones but these all seem to have more color on the outside of their wings. Our continuous rains have kept them in hiding so I try to get out there when the sun is out.  I did see the black swallowtail again but it never landed on anything. 

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Now I'm curious... how do you tell the difference between male and female butterflies? Seems I need to do a bit of research.

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...