Friday, August 22, 2014

Summer Buds and Blooms........


I found having the sun to my back helped to get a good shot of this kind of sunflower.  In my past tries it was so dark that I couldn't really capture the center of the bloom. I knew that this special kind of sunflower put out these colors but I didn't know it was going to have multiple stems with blooms on the end of them. From this photo I count five buds all in different stages of maturity.  The plant itself is half the height of the mammoth ones that are the common sunflower.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The light is beautiful in this photo. I love this color. Happy Friday.

Jeevan said...

Lovely capture! Here we see only yellow sunflowers...

Blurry Blue Cup Day.....

 It is Monday and I am a little blurry eyed today. It is fitting then my blue cup is blurred a little because it is in low light. I was too ...