Saturday, August 30, 2014

Deep Forest.........


While I was out and about I looked up at the bark of this tree.  It is a Balsm Pine from Minnesota and has grown large after 30 or more years. The moss is new this year as we had rains continually and the bark stays wet.  The lights are from forever long ago.  I use to decorate this tree with lights probably 10 to 15 years ago when it was small or at least only 19 foot tall.  As you can see plastic lasts forever.  As I keep trimming off bottom branches the lights do can now be seen.  I also had to trim the pine back as the raccoon liked to cross over from the tree onto our roof.  I stopped that from happening and now it crawls up my trellis leaving muddy foot prints on my porch post. Now that I have shown everyone the old string of lights I can now pull that batch down.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a big tree! You two have a good evening.

Valerie said...

Gosh, just thinking about the amount of rain you must have had to gather such a large amount of moss.

Jeevan said...

Excellent shot on the pine tree!

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.