Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Fallen Fruit.........


When I first started this blog I really wanted it to be just a posting of a good or better than average photographs.  The visual was to be not a slappy, happy snap.  I guess I have succeeded in trying to keep my quality higher on this blog than on my other posts.  I do want things to not be in a rut but flower after flower photo is taken because of the season they bloom.  I am trying to expand the subject matter variety but it is easy to take the quick shot of the beautiful.  I hold back on great photos sometimes and then forget to ever post them.  Regardless of all the rambling I hope to keep growing as an artistic photographer.  I am becoming more aware of the less beautiful and will try to get the subject matter expanded. 

The fallen apples are a result of me picking them up from the ground and putting them aside before I go for the major job of picking the apples from the tree. I don't know the name of the apple tree but it is getting to be old and large. I had these apples in the wheel barrow for quite a while and I have some lined up on the top of a sawhorse under the other tree.  I do have animals that like to eat at the fallen ones so I try to check every couple of days for the ones that I could really peal and have some clear fruit inside.



 The tree is probably 30 years old or more. When I pick out a tree in the catalog, it must say great for pie making. I suppose that I could find the variety that it is by going through the seed catalogs.  The tree is in need of a good pruning but that happens only when I feel like doing it. I will need the tall step ladder for this tree and the other by the shed to pick the apples.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing better than warm apple pie. Do be careful climbing to reach the fruit.

I enjoy all of your photos.

We just ordered a gardenia from Wayside Gardens...we have a spot that is very wet near a downspout and the gardenia should do well there.

Betsy Brock said...

I like that still life photo...maybe even more than the blooms! ha.

That tree is huge!

Valerie said...

I have two tree about the same age, Larry. One is a dessert apple (I was told it was a Howgate) and the other produced cooking apple. Both have pretty much 'gone off' now but the birds love them. I never thought to take a photograph of them so you put me to shame. It's great to take shots of the not so beautiful stuff.

A Colorful World said...

I like the artistic quality of the shot...even fallen not so pretty fruit has a beauty. It reminds me so much of my childhood too. My grandmother had three apple trees in her front yard and we would climb them with a salt shaker, and pick the apples, salt them and eat them. There is nothing better in the whole world! :-)

If you want to make sure your photos get posted, keep them out of any folder in your My Pictures, then once they are posted, move them into a folder (Summer 2014) (Flowers) whatever you want them designated as. It helps! :-)

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.