Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Clouds in the Sky..........


The day was warm but not hot.  The breezes were gentle and the sun keeps setting earlier each day.  I was out checking on things in the evening before I shut down for the evening.  I had not been outside for two days and felt I should get some fresh air.  I normally don't see any good sky scenes as the houses to my west are big and the trees on my property block the view.

I was out seeing how the apples are dropping right now and I was picking up a few. While doing so  I noticed that there was a really super cloudy sky. In the alley looking west between the neighbor's buildings I could actually see the sun setting. The sun was not distinct as the rest of the town blocks that out but I did get some of the glow in the photo.  This morning now it is still cloudy as we receive one more light rain.  I can see water standing in the neighbors driveway so we have had plenty of it. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty sky picture. I hope you are feeling better today.

Betsy Brock said...

Lovely sky! Feel better!

A Colorful World said...

So glad you went outside and caught these lovely clouds! Kind've like my surprise when I put the trash cans out and saw all that drama in the sky I posted about five posts back. It's a beautiful photo!

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...