Monday, October 13, 2014

River Birch Beauty..........


It was late in the afternoon and the light was overcast and low.  I was still able to zoom in on the trunk of the tree.  Its shedding bark is always a great thing to see.  The tree is slowly turning but when it reaches a certain time it will just drop them all to the ground. 




By sharing the larger picture you can see it is just starting to turn.  The whole tree allows its bottom branches to reach to the ground.  This is the first year I didn't trim them up so it is hard to walk near it without ducking the branches. I have found if I trim them up that the next set of branches grow out and sag down to the ground.  So I left them alone this year.  I rarely mow under there but I do have to dodge it when I go to pick raspberries.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are pretty photos of the bark and leaves.

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.