Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Winter Blooms..........


When I started the Photo a Day blog, I had a goal to always share one of my best photos.  The subject matter really was not the purpose as much as it was to practice good photography skills.  As people follow me they know that sometimes is just stays on a certain theme because that is what is out there for me to shoot.  I know sometimes I jerk my viewers around by taking a corny shot just because it is a good picture to capture.  For whatever happens on the blog the journey continues and I am back hitting winter hardy geraniums rather than summer hardy geraniums.  The snow in the background is a good show of the irony of spring blooms in winter.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing closeup. Love the color and the snow in the background. I always enjoy your photo a day.

Jeevan said...

wow! awesome shot... pretty colorful blossom against white snowy winter will sure to make stunning.

Hilary said...

What a refreshing splash of colour in my white world.

The Furry Gnome said...

I like that bright red cardinal in your header photo.

Betsy Brock said...

Beautiful! Who needs a poinsettia? ha. I brought my pink geraniums inside for the winter. I hope they survive!

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...