Monday, January 5, 2015

Awaiting the Storm........


The birds seem to hit the feeder early before a storm hits.  I guess they can feel it in their bones or feathers.  The lone cardinal is disappointed with what he is finding. Earlier the feeder was covered with sparrows and two woodpeckers. When the cardinal left I took out a couple of cups of black sunflower seeds.  I bet I will see him again soon.   As you can see we have a measurable amount of snow on the ground but sounds like we will be having more.  It is arriving just like a UPS package as we are told it will be here at 2:00.  I will be watching the time. 

3 comments:

claude said...

Poor beautiful bird.
Birds aver here eat a lot. Yesterday I bought fat balls.

Valerie said...

Poor thing... I always wonder how they survive. Those feathers must provide an immense amount of insulation.

Jeevan said...

Excellent frame with the cardinal! I guess birds bear a special connection with natures transformation.

Reflection