Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Waiting Their Turns...or Hidden in Plain View.......


Snow storms causes traffic back up at the feeder too. Seven inches of snow is on the ground.  I took this shot as a fluke thinking it wasn't going be anything to post.  Once I edited it I really still hadn't noticed all of the things going on in the photo.  A flock of sparrows were waiting their turn and the cardinal didn't mind waiting with them.  The sparrows are blending into the background so at first I didn't see them in the photo. Can you find the 6 sparrows in the photo? There could have been more before I cropped the photo.

    -9.5 degrees F.  at 9:30 in the morning

2 comments:

claude said...

I love this pohoto, Larry.
Yes I saw the sparrows.
This is the same here, Birds ware waiting their turns in the cherrytree and the chestnuttree.

Jeevan said...

Oh! I too missed the sparrows in the image until read your note. Amazing how they blend with the scene amid the stunning red cardinal. Red seems outstanding in snow and woods

Reflection