Saturday, January 3, 2015

Old Stuff.........


I am the new temporary storage lot in our town.  Things that I am keeping for my brother in law are in a pile next to my garden shed. He has a full garage and a small lot in the city.  My double lot seems to be filling up though as things are placed in temporary spots in the yard. There is a lot of history behind these wheels and milk can.  The larger wheels belong to a push cart use to transport things on the farm. We had one on my home farm and four milk cans with milk in them could be place on the platform and pushed easily to another part of the farm.  The little hub is actually from a wagon when without the tire.  I imagine the wagon was low to the ground with that small rim size. It probably was a hay wagon.  It isn't a great photo as I didn't get it edited to be cropped to a good balance. I keep missing things like that these days.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

It's awful when there isn't enough room for our stuff. But think of it another way, it provided another photo opportunity... smiles.

Jeevan said...

Pretty old things!

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...