Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Tokens of Spring......


The hardy geranium puts out a spring offering as it starts to warm up outside.  The buds have come slow this  year but the foliage has grown with great gusto.  Through the window you can see the snow is off of the yard on this side of the house and grass is starting to turn green. In another month I can start to move the plants outside for another summer.  I have fertilized a little so the geraniums must of like it by putting out a larger than normal amount of leaves.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are pretty but oh the smell is awful. Not a pretty fragrant flower.

I took them out of my garden.
One has to keep taking off the rusty dead leaves.

I sure am a complainer today. My allergies making me an old bear. Sorry.

Betsy Brock said...

My hardy geranium was not so hardy as yours! They seem to be rotting at the base near the soil. Hmm...I think I'll have to buy some fresh lively looking plants in May.

claude said...

Good !
Mine is still in the greeenhouse.

Valerie said...

At first sight I thought this was the seaside. Lovely close-up shot.

Jeevan said...

A beautiful photo and great sign of hope and warmth!

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.