Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Big Birds.........


Three of these birds were hoovering over me and I was not dead.  We don't generally see this kind of bird in town like this but they must have been something out there dead that they could smell up the street.  I don't know what kind of bird that they are but they were very difficult to capture with a camera.  I know we have turkey buzzards around this area but this bird does not look like a buzzard in any shape or size. It was amazing how they just floated on the wind and stayed in a formation of three birds in a circular area.  It was cold out there and I didn't stick around to take more photos as they moved up the alley away from me. I would like to call them raptures but maybe my readers will know for sure.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Wow, Larry! Beautiful photos!

Anonymous said...

We saw two turkey buzzards today and we have a lot of hawks circling in the back area. The strong wind is keeping us indoors today.

Betsy Brock said...

I believe that is a Common Black Hawk. We have them, too. They were probably looking for smaller birds or mice (live ones!) to eat.

claude said...

I can see some of buzzards over here. They fly so far away I cannot shot them but I can hear their song.
I love to see their ballet in the sky.

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...