Thursday, April 23, 2015

Birch Bark..........


The birch tree puts its leaves out slowly as the trees around it seem to be ahead of it. The small spiral seed pods are hanging on the branches now and they soon will fall. The older silver maple is greening up and soon I won't be able to see sky through the leaves. We still are in cool temperatures and it does feel and looks like early spring. The real reason that I took this shot was the robin that was darting around in the branches picking off seeds from the tree. There is no robin to be seen in the photo.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Such a beautiful tree.

Betsy Brock said...

That is a beautiful tree! I've always loved birches!

Anonymous said...

A favorite tree of ours. If you and Della get a chance, tell me if you are familiar with the artist featured on my post tonight...a thrift store find.

claude said...

We have six and one pidgeon nest in one.

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...