Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Busy Eating......and Fleeing.


As I pick out photos for this blog, I find that artistic is my preference in choice for my selection.  Abstract is difficult for some to understand but in some cases this is more a true display of what was going on in my window. The classic photo would have been a complete showing of the bird.  I really like that this shows the energy and speed of this bird as it  stops for an instant to grab a millet seed and then dash off to the trees.  The chickadee is a beautiful bird but he wasn't interested in showing me his face. He was hungry and posing for me was not on his mind.  The actual speed isn't shown and yet the photographer knew that he had to snap quickly because the bird would be gone in less than two seconds.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun photo of a cute bird. I try to keep my camera handy to capture my cats, but inevitably they move before I can get the shot!

Valerie said...

Oh the times I have waited and still failed to capture a moving bird on film. I tried to get a shot of a magpie on the feeder but the fluttering wings were so blurred I scrapped the shot. Your picture is great, Larry, well done.

Linda said...

Such a sweet photo, Larry.

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...