Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Hydrangea or Viburnum......NEITHER !


The shrub at school has been in bloom for over a week now.  I took a few shots at the time when it was dropping petals off of its flowers.  It looks like it is snowing when the wind blows. Having read the differences between the hydrangea and viburnum I keep learning more about these two.  There isn't much difference other than they throw the snowball shrub into the viburnum category.

From a past blog post many years ago I found out the true name of the shrub.  I cut and pasted exactly what I had from a blogger friend from Scotland. I had blogged about it in April, 2011. When you click on it you will get to visit her blog from 2011.  She is a great blogger and follow her if you don't have a person from Scotland to follow.

3 comments:

Karen said...

This is so interesting. We had lots of magnolias in Georgia.

claude said...

Yes it is a white magnolia.
Flowers are veru beautiful but I prefere the pink ones

Jeevan said...

Beautiful capture

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...