Thursday, April 2, 2015

Sprouting Upward.........


A sure sign of spring is when things like this start sprouting up like this.  It is too early for me to identify this but I did think it was my fern leafed peony.  It isn't rhubarb and the regular peonies are not that far in development.  If it is what I am thinking, it is the thickest set of growth that I have ever had before since it was planted.

Can you see how dry our ground is?  I saw on the weather today that the strong high that is hanging over southern California has cause all the unusual weather this winter.  The arctic air bounced off that high and sent it all the way over to the east coast.  We did get rain last night and it was almost an inch of rain.

6 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Yes...peony! What a lovely sight! Hope you get rain....we're having thunderstorms today!

George said...

This is a beautiful sight, especially since your weather is so dry. I hope the weather patterns change to allow more rain to get to your area.

The Furry Gnome said...

Looks very much like our Fern Leafed Peony, though it's still buried under the snow!

Linda said...

Lovely sight, Larry, nice to see Spring sprouting. :)

claude said...

I think so, Larry. These sprouts look like my peonies which are growing up too.
Over here our ground is not dry, we got a lot a rain.

Valerie said...

It does the heart good to see new growth and this new growth looks splendid.

Reflection