Saturday, May 30, 2015

A Nail and a Tail.........



I had planned to share the above photo sooner as I took it last week.  It is one of those shots that could of or should of been good but instead it was not what I wanted. The younger cardinals are hanging around  a lot as it is easier to get food from the feeder than to go for the natural stuff on the trees and bushes.  I am having baby starlings showing up now at the feeder.  Mom starling is there sometimes putting food into their mouths.  They are old enough to feed themselves but being mom fed is easier.

5 comments:

Karen said...

I can show this great pic to my granddaughter. These are two of the vocab words she is learning! I always enjoy your photos and comments!

Linda said...

Larry, first of all, your header is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your lovely photos and posts. :)

Anonymous said...

Such fun to watch the birds. We purchased an inexpensive blue bird house last week.

Anonymous said...

Larry is that some kind of a birds foot hanging in second picture?
With Cardinal.
Above your flowers below the pink ones.

L. D. said...

The dried up maple seed does look like a birds foot. I have the dead silver maple leaves everywhere.

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.