Thursday, May 21, 2015

A New Awakening........


I found this on the ground in the wet grass as the wind had sent it to the ground. I had hoped that I would save it by putting it into water and let it find some shelter.  It is a new iris that I planted last summer. A lot of the new iris that I bought will not bloom this year but this one has three branches of buds.


The indoor photo does not do it justice but it is a pale pink.  The beard is a bluish purple on the sepol part of the iris.  I can't imagine how they could breed this plant to look like this especially with that color of beard. I do hope to get an outside shot of this in natural light so I can share its true colors.

6 comments:

troutbirder said...

I love them and especially treasure those I got from my mom...)

Anonymous said...

The flowers over her in my neighbors he said are not flourishing as they had for many years even his rhubarb.

The soil is so wet and the winds are
strong.

Betsy Brock said...

It coordinates well with your tablecloth!

Valerie said...

I hate it when the wind attacks the flowers. At least you preserved the iris for a while longer.

A Colorful World said...

I really love the pale pink with the purple beard...stunning! I too hope you can get an outside shot, b8ut I am so glad you were able to save this bloom!

Anonymous said...

So pretty.

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...