Thursday, May 28, 2015

A Squirrel Chase.....


We were finishing up the supper dishes when my wife looked out to see five small squirrels chasing in a row down one of our trees.  When I looked out the same row of squirrels had started running up the sidewalk.  They were all baby squirrels and they were acting like they had been set free from a cage.  They were so happy.  Once down the street they all came back and found things to explore.  When I went out with the camera I found that this was probably the home that they were raised in as they chased all around the opening. This photo shows the mother waiting and watching. One little guy was still up the street having great fun bouncing and climbing and then returning to the ground.  He was like a kitten chasing things in the grass.

They were busy moving so quickly that I didn't get very many focused photos.  This one is a little blurry but you can see how they are really enjoying being on the ground.  I see now why the one squirrel was eating from my feeder so often as she had many mouths to feed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Larry,
Thank you for your comments.

I have never seen baby squirrels. And I live in the country.

I see Momma squirrels and daddy.

So I enjoyed yours.

Betsy Brock said...

That must be very fun to watch...a little squirrel family1

claude said...

Wonderful !
I sould like to see the same in my backyard.

Valerie said...

We have three squirrels in the garden, two young and an adult. I've yet to see a fourth which would make the family complete. You got a good shot.

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...