Friday, May 15, 2015

Pet Squirrels.....


They really are not pets but they seem tame enough to act like they are.  I walked out to a bird feeder a couple of days and the one on the feeder really didn't take off until I was about a foot away from him. I really did inconvenience him though. Yesterday we watched a squirrel trying to manipulate the suet cage trying to remove it from the feeder or just open it if they could. I did find a suet cage on my roof one time and I see it had to be a squirrel that carried it up there.

3 comments:

A Colorful World said...

At least you can be certain you have identified your cagey visitor! My daughter suggested that mine might be a raccoon. We do have them here, although that is easy to forget since they are rarely seen.

Linda said...

Larry, firstly, I absolutely love your photo. I just 10 minutes ago saw a video where there was an orange tabby cat playing with a squirrel. It seems they were pretty good friends! Many squirrels are tame enough, but I use caution, because if they do get spooked and bite us and they have rabies....this is not good. I love them, I enjoy watching their antics. :)

Valerie said...

It's a good photograph but right now I am very, very anti-squirrels because they are so destructive.

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...