Monday, July 20, 2015

Barnabas....the Dog.


I have one or two dogs usually keeping track of me while I am outside.  I turned to look into the backyard and there he was.  I didn't hear him approach he just sauntered over and looked through the spaces.

It is late afternoon and it did warm up a bit from a cooler day than normal.  His job is to watch for people walking by and cars passing by on the road.  Those who are dog walkers get to be barked at while passing and stray cats get to be scolded.   The past days of very hot weather have been hard on Barney and we try to keep him inside as much as possible.  I keep brushing him and it takes forever to shed that winter coat.

6 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

What a good dog! Our cats have been seeking coolness inside...and we're doing a lot of brushing, too!

Anonymous said...

Barnabus has an important job, watching out for sneaky cats!!!
He sure is handsome. Beautiful photos.

Valerie said...

Lovely pictures, Larry. They make me wish I had my dogs again.

A Colorful World said...

What a sweet-looking dog! he does have a thick coat which must make him miserable when it's hot!

Karen said...

A great dog! Glad you have his company while you work in the yard!

Jeevan said...

Cute presentation on him! We have a similar fence in front of our home and our dog watch through the gaps like Barney do.

Tall and Short....

 At four in the morning and one is walking the empty hallways, one never knows what the camera might shoot.