Thursday, July 30, 2015

Monarch Mania.......



I finally had a monarch butterfly that became tame.  It hung around for a long time.  I became tired and just quit trying to catch it with open wings.  They feed with there wings closed and there is a fleeting second when they flap their wings before they start to eat. 

I guess that if I had it in movie mode, I could pull out one shot from the movie to get that one photo of  open wings. I am assuming the butterfly was stocking up on food so it could go lay eggs somewhere on some milkweed. It is too early for any migration to start.

9 comments:

Linda said...

Gorgeous, Larry!

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Larry, You need to frame these or perhaps make note cards with them.

Betsy Brock said...

Those might be your best photos ever! Gorgeous, clear and perfect! I haven't seen any Monarchs in my yard this year...just the blue swallow tails so far!

The Furry Gnome said...

Great pictures!

claude said...

A very beautil butterfly and your photos are excellent.
I invite you to come on my blog, you can see how is the city now, after a lot and long works and much money.

Valerie said...

Brilliant capture, Larry.

Kay said...

Fantastic captures! Good job Larry.

Jeevan said...

I ever had a detail photo on butterfly! Beautiful capture on the butterfly even at its wings folded.

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...