Wednesday, July 8, 2015

New Bloom........


I have been watching three different stalks that had very large buds on them.  I didn't remember what they were as I think they were planted two years ago.  I had a bad year for lilies last years and a lot of them were trying to bloom during a hot dry spell and the buds shriveled up rather than open.  To  my surprise they were as big as a regal lily and they have a light smell of a stargazer.  The color is wonderful.  I took this photo as the sun was going down so I could get better color in the shot.






It is such a delicate looking color and the size is great.  It was a surprise to see color as the buds were pure white as if they were going to be a white regale lily. The two stalks were planted together and why the crazy gardener planted on in another area is beyond my understanding.  I must have thought I should scatter the color.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Larry!

Karen said...

Beautiful! I love it when the lilies and Queen Anne's Lace are blooming everywhere!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty, delicate color. Gorgeous photo, Larry.

Jeevan said...

Beautiful and delicate in color! Superb light in first snap

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...