Thursday, August 13, 2015

A Warmer Thursday.........


While mowing yesterday in the yard I could see this butterfly soaring around the garden.  When I was finished mowing I went in to find the camera and returned to the coneflower patch.  The foxtail grass looked good in the composition so I left it in the shot. I thought the foxtail would also help with the balance of the leaning of the shot but not so much.



The monarch proved to be friendly and seemed to want to fan its wings while it was eating.  I thought later that it was probably warming its wings while eating.  Monarchs usually don't fan open that often from my experience. Only when they land do they look like this and then the fold up flat while they eat.

6 comments:

Jeevan said...

Glad the monarch likes to open its wings/beauty for you :)

Linda said...

It looks like the monarch is posing for you, Larry! Lovely! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh that is beautiful . Spreading its loveliness in colors.

Anonymous said...

Good Afternoon, I hope you and your wife are feeling better today. Your butterfly photos are so pretty. I love the coneflowers, too.

claude said...

Beautiful Monarch. I have one painted by a friend who live in North Carolina.

Valerie said...

Great capture. I only get to see these beauties through your photographs. Keep them coming.

Reflection