Monday, August 31, 2015

Red Maple...........


It isn't an outstanding photo today but it also isn't a  flower photo.  I was taking shots of the finishing up of the sidewalk connection when I looked up to see if the red maple had any leaves changing.  I was glad to see not a leaf has turned color.  I am not a professional arbor person but I do see by the picture that I have some work to do.  The city had youngsters come through on the side walks last summer and trim up offending branches.   This tree has been sheared back on the west side.  I see by the photo I will now be required to clean up the east side of the tree.  The major bottom branch will have to go and a lot of little ones above it will have to go.  I am not sure I am able to get my chain saw running but I will need it for that larger branch.  Dirt is filled in on all sides of the sidewall connection now and Lake Big Mistake is filled up again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart sinks at the sight of Lake Mistake and also the ruthless trimming job on your maple. We had steady rain all day yesterday but the skies are blue today. Take care.

Betsy Brock said...

The leaves will change soon enough! Enjoy the last few weeks of summer!

Valerie said...

I have yet to see a member of the public trimming trees put in by the council. Fortunately the tree foliage outside my house is right at the top. I would like to see another picture of the tree when the leaves have turned red.

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...