Monday, December 21, 2015

Three Engines.......


I received the older 1900's toy engine from the "John and Iva" connection from a farm home south of Hopeville, Iowa and near our farm.  It is now known that the Morman trail went through the area as well as another branch that went through Murray, Iowa north of there.

The train is special to me even though I know two different people who have the complete train set.  I would like to find the rest of the set but I am happy with just the engine. I can see the whole set plus track in the window uptown at an old hardware store.  I painted mine so I devalued it according to antique dealers.  I am sure paint remover would bring it back to its original finish.  The train sits on my computer desk year round but I did get it moved over to be with the Christmas tree to join the others.

2 comments:

troutbirder said...

Indeed! I have fond memories of my Lionel 007 gauge I received for Christmas in 1949....:)

Jeevan said...

This reminds me the movie polar express. Glad u able to preserve these old train toys and also painted well

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...