Sunday, January 17, 2016

Lost and Found..........


I actually first found a cigar box full of buttons that I had misplaced in storage.  Old buttons of many kinds dating back to the 1950s were in the wooden box. It is one of the two button boxes that I have.   Also, there was one marble among the buttons and bobbins. I immediately put it into my jar as it is easy for them to roll away from wherever you place them. The one antique toy plane keeps the jar of marbles company.


It had to have been one of my marbles from when I was a kid. It would have been purchased at the Robinson's Dime Store on the main street in Osceola, Iowa.  There may be more of these in the button box but I didn't have the time to really dig through all those old buttons.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Great childhood memories here, Larry! :)

Cranberry Morning said...

I had an old box of buttons that were from my mom's and my grandpa's stash of old buttons. I like the marbles. Those old ones are such a treasure. The new ones are boring. :-)

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...