Monday, January 18, 2016

More Lost and Found.....


I ramble on and on about finding some things that had been put away at least 3 years ago, maybe longer in my Creative Zone blog.  I had wanted to find the brass bells for a couple of years. I unexpectedly found the box and other things in a storage cupboard in which I didn't have easy access for a long time.


As I emptied the box I found lots of different things stowed in the box.  The box is at least 80 years old and has a history from a farm home in southern Iowa, a place near Hopeville. The box itself has a whole story of its own.  Young children back then had drawn pictures on its side. I know the boys and they are still living in different parts of the United States. They are in their upper 80's now. I write to one of them every Christmas.

I don't remember where all the bells were from but I had been given a couple of them from my parents. Others I found in auction boxes. The carriage bells were placed on the harness straps attached to the horses.  You can imagine how great the sound would be when they would have the horse trot down the way in the winter time. Jingle bells ringing all the way.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I remember seeing bells like that...but it has been decades! Nice findings, Larry.

Betsy Brock said...

Very nice! I'm always on the lookout for those bells!

Reflection