Thursday, June 30, 2016

Hollyhocks.........






I only have two stalks of hollyhocks.  The one white one has frilly multiple petals in its flowers.  The other one is just a plain looking white hollyhock.  I did see pink the other day and I was surprised.  I now see that the shriveling white flower turns pink as it shrinks.


This single plain flower is shown below. When genetics is taught in high school, the traits of a hollyhock are used as they apparently have dominate  traits that make them grow with different traits. My neighbors many hollyhocks directly across the street are mostly pink.





4 comments:

claude said...

I love these flowers !

Jeevan said...

Lovely blossoms and nicely captured!

Kay said...

Very nice photos of the flowers.

Anonymous said...

Such sweet and delicate blooms.

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...