Sunday, July 3, 2016

Butterfly Special......


I at first thought it was a swallowtail.  It may be but I am not saying that with certainty. I greeted me one morning and was warming up its wings in the sun.  The sun really messed with me getting a good color photo.  It hung around for most of the day and then it was gone.  It really liked the daylilies and I be it was on the bee balm flowers.



This other shot shows the reflective color that it has on its wings.  I have seen swallowtails in the garden before in past years but I really have never seen one quite like this before now.

4 comments:

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

It's pretty, and I don't know what it is. I've seen the swallowtails, but I thought more yellow. Not sure.

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful butterfly.

Jeevan said...

The butterflies has wonderful colors but the sun overexposed its light giving a slightly fade look.

A Colorful World said...

Beautiful butterfly Larry!

Blurry Blue Cup Day.....

 It is Monday and I am a little blurry eyed today. It is fitting then my blue cup is blurred a little because it is in low light. I was too ...