Thursday, July 7, 2016

Good Color........


It has been budded for quite some time.  The weather became so hot that I couldn't get out to get a photo.  All of the lilies could be grouped into similar vareites.  This one is a six petal one that has the same shape as my frilly Asiatic lily.

This lily too has six petals but you can see its shape of petals are completely different from each other.  This yellow lily is the very first one that I had in my garden 30 years ago.  It came from the neighbor that had one large clump of it growing next to my rhubarb patch.  I have planted it to line a pathway and it isn't not doing well.  It rarely blooms as the shade from the kitchen in on it a lot of the day.  The petals of the flower shows evidence of some bug that liked chewing on the buds earlier.

3 comments:

A Colorful World said...

Wow...so pretty!!!

Kay said...

Pretty colors.

Valerie said...

The colour is amazing, and I love the way the shades blend. Beautiful.

Blurry Blue Cup Day.....

 It is Monday and I am a little blurry eyed today. It is fitting then my blue cup is blurred a little because it is in low light. I was too ...